Interesting Facts about Indialantic, Florida 32937
Interesting Facts about Indian Harbour beach, air conditioning, heating, service and repairs.
Indian Harbour Beach is a city in Brevard County, Florida, United States. The population was 8,152 at the 2000 census. As of 2005, the population estimated by the U.S. Census Bureau is 8,441. It is part of the Palm Bay¯Melbourne¯Titusville Metropolitan Statistical Area.
In 2007, the city had a taxable real estate base of $920.7 million.
As of the census of 2000, there were 8,152 people, 3,762 households, and 2,381 families residing in the city. The population density was 1,470.8/km² (3,810.1/mi²). There were 4,315 housing units at an average density of 778.5/km² (2,016.7/mi²). The racial makeup of the city was 95.40% White, 0.93% African American, 0.28% Native American, 1.57% Asian, 0.04% Pacific Islander, 0.55% from other races, and 1.23% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 3.28% of the population.
There were 3,762 households out of which 21.9% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 50.8% were married couples living together, 9.5% had a female householder with no husband present, and 36.7% were non-families. 30.6% of all households were made up of individuals and 15.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.17 and the average family size was 2.69.
In the city the population was distributed as follows: 18.5% under the age of 18, 5.4% from 18 to 24, 23.6% from 25 to 44, 27.5% from 45 to 64, and 24.9% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 46 years. For every 100 females there were 90.1 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 87.0 males.
In 2010, the town had the highest percentage of people with undergraduate degrees of nay municipality measured in the county, 41%, compared with an average of 26% countywide.
 Personal income
The median income for a household in the city was $42,889, and the median income for a family was $56,803. Males had a median income of $50,045 versus $29,697 for females. The per capita income for the city was $29,986. About 2.3% of families and 5.5% of the population were below the poverty line, including 4.3% of those under age 18 and 2.2% of those age 65 or over. IHB ranks third in Brevard for per capita income and 142 in the state out of 887 other places.
Indian Harbour Beach was founded on June 6, 1955 by W. Lansing Gleason, John H. Neafie and Louis S. Henry.
There is one elementary school, Ocean Breeze Elementary. In 2009, it scored 11th in the state on the FCAT test.
 See also
* Eau Gallie Yacht Club
 Notable residents
* Larry Guarino, spent 8 years as a POW in the Hanoi Hilton during the Vietnam War
* Tim Wakefield - professional baseball player lives here
1. ^ a b "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. http://factfinder.census.gov. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
2. ^ "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. http://geonames.usgs.gov. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
3. ^ http://www.census.gov/popest/cities/tables/SUB-EST2005-04-12.xls census.gov
4. ^ NOAA News Online (Story 2470)
5. ^ 
6. ^ Dean, James (April 26, 2008). More taxes or fewer services. Florida Today.
7. ^ Ryan, MacKenzie (15 December 2010). "Census data notes makeup of towns". Melbourne, Florida: Florida Today. pp. 1A. http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20101215/NEWS01/12150324/Census-data-notes-makeup-of-towns.
8. ^ White, George (1 November 2009). "Parade mark FCAT success". The South Beaches Breeze (Melbourne, Florida: Florida Today): pp. 28. http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20091125/NEWS0307/911250303/1166/NEWS0305/Parade+marks+FCAT+success.
9. ^ 
 External links
Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
* City of Indian Harbour Beach official site
* Fire Department
[hide]v · d · eMunicipalities and communities of Brevard County, Florida
County seat: Titusville
Cape Canaveral | Cocoa | Cocoa Beach | Indian Harbour Beach | Melbourne | Palm Bay | Rockledge | Satellite Beach | Titusville | West Melbourne
Grant-Valkaria | Indialantic | Malabar | Melbourne Beach | Melbourne Village | Palm Shores
Cocoa West | June Park | Merritt Island | Micco | Mims | Port St. John | Sharpes | South Patrick Shores
Barefoot Bay | Canaveral Groves | Courtenay | Floridana Beach | Indianola | Melbourne Shores | Scottsmoor | Suntree | Viera
Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Harbour_Beach,_Florida"
Categories: Beaches of Florida | Cities in Brevard County, Florida | Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
* Log in / create account
* View history
* Main page
* Featured content
* Current events
* Random article
* Donate to Wikipedia
* About Wikipedia
* Community portal
* Recent changes
* Contact Wikipedia
* What links here
* Related changes
* Upload file
* Special pages
* Permanent link
* Cite this page
* Create a book
* Download as PDF
* Printable version
* Kreyòl ayisyen
* Simple English
* This page was last modified on 17 December 2010 at 02:55.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization.
* Contact us